Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning and Divorce Attorneys in Maryville, Tennessee
A full-service law firm serving clients in Blount County and throughout East Tennessee
If you are going through a difficult time in your life and need legal help, it is important to hire a lawyer who is more than just competent. You need a lawyer with heart and passion for what he does.
I am attorney Kevin Shepherd in Maryville, Tennessee. I became a lawyer to make a difference in the lives of the people I represent; that is why I started Shepherd and Associates, P.C. My team has more than four collective decades of experience helping clients obtain the best possible outcome they can. Let us put our resources, skills and experience to work for you.
Helping individuals and families in a range of legal areas
We provide personal, hands-on attention to individuals facing the most common legal issues, including the following:
- Divorce: Family law attorneys in the Maryville area need to understand the emotional concerns of their clients while helping them find objective solutions that work for the entire family. As an experienced divorce attorney and one of the most successful mediators in my county, I take the time to address both the legal and personal concerns of my clients. And when reconciliation may be possible, my team and I can help clients suspend proceedings in accordance with Tennessee law and provide the mediation services they need to explore their options.
- Criminal Defense: Traffic and speeding violations can have serious enough consequences on your driving record; a DUI conviction would be substantially worse. Whether you’re facing fines and a loss of privileges for a misdemeanor charge, or your freedom hangs in the balance of a felony charge or drug crime accusation, the Maryville criminal defense attorneys at my firm want to help you
- Estate Planning: You worked hard for your money; you deserve to see it dispersed as you see fit once you pass away. From trusts and wills to powers of attorney, we help you through the process of securing your legacy. We also protect you from potential tax pitfalls, and help ensure that the probate process doesn’t leave your estate in shambles.
- Personal Injury: As an experienced personal injury lawyer, we work closely with our clients to learn the details of their accidents, and we enlist investigative and medical professionals to develop effective evidence. We believe personal injury lawyers should handle the details so their clients can focus on healing. We protect the rights of accident victims in Madisonville, Oak Ridge and Lenoir City and throughout Knox and Blount Counties.
- Social Security Disability. If you sustain an injury which leaves you unable to work, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits. We can walk you through the process.
A strong focus on your personal needs
My law practice is small by design. My team and I get to know our clients and their families as people, and their legal issues are important and personal to us.
We have worked with individuals in Maryville and throughout Tennessee who want to resolve their issues equitably and with the least amount of stress possible. Other clients may need full advocacy in the courtroom to help ensure fair treatment. We make sure you completely understand the advantages and disadvantages of all the legal options available to you, so you can make informed decisions about how to proceed with your legal case.
Contact an experienced Maryville lawyer to discuss your goals
Many individuals face vital issues during their lives that require an attorney dedicated to protecting their rights, even against powerful opponents. We recognize that every person has unique issues, and we take a holistic approach to finding the solutions that help resolve your legal and personal needs. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with Shepherd and Associates, P.C. call us at 865-982-8060 or fill out the contact form. We regularly represent clients in Madisonville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City and throughout East Tennessee.