Compassionate Family Law Attorneys in Maryville, TN
Helping families in Maryville, Lenoir City, Oak Ridge, Seymour and Madisonville, TN
Family law issues are among the most emotionally charged legal matters. Regardless of the nature of your circumstances, you need lawyers who understand how you feel and provide the objective guidance you need to make the right choices for the future for yourself and your children. Whether in five months or five years, you will want to look back and know that you made the right choices.
My name is Kevin Shepherd, and I founded Shepherd and Associates, P.C. so that I could help families through one of the most difficult times of their lives. I have spent the last 30 years navigating the detailed provisions of domestic relations legislation developed in Tennessee to help ensure fair treatment of all family members. I became a lawyer to make a difference in the lives of the people I represent.
How can a Maryville divorce attorney help me?
Supporting people through the end of their marriage may be the most common service provided by Maryville family law attorneys; it requires legal knowledge, financial understanding and personal sensitivity. With three decades of experience as a divorce attorney — and as one of the most successful mediators in my county — I guide clients through the many issues that affect their futures, including the following:
- Divorce: As a successful mediator, I help many clients negotiate the terms of an uncontested divorce when warranted to save time, money and stress. And when circumstances call for contested divorce to protect the rights of my clients, I work tirelessly to develop and present an effective case in court.
- Spousal support: Tennessee law does not guarantee alimony for either spouse. But I recognize the importance of helping ensure my clients have the funds required to get a fresh start.
- Issues pertaining to the children: Child custody attorneys in Oak Ridge and throughout the region find creative solutions that address the best interests of the children. I help identify ways for both parents to retain strong relationships with their children and contribute to the major decisions in their lives by developing child support agreements and making sure they remain effective as situations change.
Support for other family issues
In addition to providing skilled support for divorce, I handle other family law issues, including the following:
- Adoption: Adding children to families through adoption represents one of the most enjoyable aspects of family law. I help families meet all state requirements and ensure the process goes smoothly for everyone involved.
- Grandparent rights: I help grandparents take legal action when needed to continue the important bond with their grandchildren after divorce of the parents. I can also help pursue custody when the children face a dangerous situation in the home or when both parents die.
Contact an experienced Maryville family law attorney
Whether you need assistance with divorce or during the happy event of adopting a child, an experienced family law lawyer in Maryville can help you focus on the legal details required for a successful outcome. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with the family law attorneys at Shepherd and Associates, P.C., please call 865-225-9655 or fill out the contact form on this website.