Auto Accident Lawyers in Maryville
Even a minor auto collision represents a major inconvenience to a driver who must deal with injuries and auto repairs. You may successfully obtain the compensation you need by filing your own insurance claim. But when you sign an insurance settlement offer, you lose your rights to additional compensation — even when a minor injury turns into a major medical concern down the road.
It costs nothing to talk to me, Maryville auto accident attorney Kevin W. Shepherd, about your accident before taking legal action on your own. As an experienced auto accident lawyer, I clearly explain all available legal options before you sign away your rights to the compensation you deserve. Call us now at 865-982-8060.
Proving liability for a car accident
According to the Tennessee Department of Safety, 179,000 crashes occurred in Tennessee in 2006. Of these, 51,429 crashes involved injuries and 1,164 caused fatalities. With this volume of incidents, police cannot always conduct thorough investigations, especially when complex situations make it difficult to determine the at-fault party.
Tennessee law permits injury victims to pursue compensation for an accident even if they share up to 49 percent of negligence for the accident. But establishing liability for accidents in Madisonville, Maryville or anywhere in the state is a complex process, even for experienced car accident attorneys. Lawyers must often enlist investigative professionals who analyze the evidence to help establish the true causes of an accident, which may involve situations such as the following:
- Side-swipe accidents caused by one or both drivers, although one driver often bears full liability
- Newly-installed faulty brakes that cause one car to rear-end another one, making the brake manufacturer potentially liable
- A driver crashing into a building due to poor depth perception caused by new glasses with the wrong prescription, so the lab that made the glasses or the prescribing doctor may be liable
Car accident attorneys develop effective cases for individuals seeking compensation for their accidents in Madisonville or elsewhere in Tennessee.
How Maryville auto accident lawyers help with insurance claims
As an experienced car accident lawyer in Maryville, I provide valuable assistance even if simply filing an auto insurance claim is most appropriate in your situation. I can help in the following ways:
- I provide a free consultation to determine if an insurance claim makes sense for you — and I advise you on how to proceed with your claim.
- I can review an insurance settlement offer before you sign it to determine if it provides the full compensation, you deserve for your claim.
- I am available to intervene at any time if an insurance company unfairly reduces or denies your claim.
Contact an experienced auto accident lawyer in Maryville for a free consultation
If you or a loved one suffers injuries in an auto accident caused by the negligence of others, you need a car accident attorney in Maryville to help you make informed decisions. I clearly explain the legal issues and handle the details so you can focus on healing. For more information, or to schedule a consultation with Shepherd and Associates, call 865-982-8060 or fill out the contact form on this website.
I handle auto accident claims on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees until I successfully obtain compensation for you.